That's right. I'm doing corn now. Deal.
I adapted it from a cornbread pancakes recipe that was on the package, but as I still don't do wheat I changed some ingredients. I also was too lazy to mix the ingredients in order. To be honest, I use the following batter mix for pretty much everything... cornbread, breading for baked/fried food, pancakes, waffles, and so on.
- 3/4 cups cornmeal (I used blue, it doesn't matter what color you use)
- 3/4 cups masa harina (a corn flour)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons softened butter
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Enough water or buttermilk to make a batter (around 1 1/4 cups, I just eyeball it)
- Optional: Sweetener (I use a couple tablespoons date sugar)
To make cornbread I use the same mix, put it in a greased loaf pan, and bake at 350 Fahrenheit for about a half hour. For pancakes... I really hope you can already figure that out.